How do the 'sponsored shops' listings work?
- The 'Sponsored shops' (previously called 'Featured shops') listings appear at the top or bottom of all HC main site pages that relate to shopping (e.g. main index page, calendar, Spots pages, category listings...)
- Every five minutes, the 'Sponsored shops' section updates and rotates every listing one spot to the left:
- In any given 24 hour period, there will be a maximum of 20 listings.
- The charge to upload a sponsored shops listing is $1 for a 24 hour active listing period. At this time, only Paypal is accepted, not HC$.
- Stores will be able to place only one listing in any 24 hour period.
- To upload a sponsored shops listing, log in to your vendor pages, and click on Promote >> Sponsored Shops and follow the instructions.
- Your listing will be up for at least 25 out of every 100 minutes. But if there are fewer than 20 listings that day, you will be up longer than that.
For example, if there are only 5 listings for
the day, your listing will be shown all day, in rotating positions.
- In addition, all active listings appear on the "View all sponsored shops" page along with a random selection of
the previous days' listings (enough to total 20 altogether).
- If there are fewer than 5 active listings, the most recently added listings from the previous day will be added to the line-up.
- Please sponsor your shop only when there are active listings in your store or previews that will become active that day.
- Sponsored shop images must be composed of product images only, with no text added. Any image which does not fit this description
will be removed until the seller can replace it with an appropriate image.
- When choosing an image for your sponsored listing, please consider posting an image of an item that will available in your current stocking
(i.e., not a stock photo of an item that is not currently available for purchase). Shoppers have expressed the opinion that posting a photo of an
item that is then not to be found in the store (in other words, not listed at all), is misleading or 'false advertising.' Although this will not
be an enforced requirement, please consider it for the reputation of your store.
- If you have any questions, please send an email to support at hyenacart.com. Thanks!